So, I found this recipe on Pinterest…it called for a bundt cake pan, but instead I pressed it into a large bowl & then made popcorn balls out of it instead of cake slices. The humidity, as usual, made it difficult to work with LOL. I made other modifications from the original recipe just because I’m OCD and picky and need things my own way! If you’re curious about the texture or taste, think Rice Krispie Treats but with popcorn. This can be used with different colors for ay holiday or other party theme.
- 16oz Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 12 cups popped butter popcorn
- 1-1.2 cups Red,White & Blue candy (I love Peanut M&Ms for the crunch and salt)
- Red, White & Blue Sprinkles
- Melt butter and marshmallows together…I just use a large bowl in the microwave but fell free to do it the hard way & use the stove, LOL!
- Stir in popcorn
- Spray a larger, metal bowl with non-stick spray. Toss in some candy on the bottom of the bowl. Transfer the popcorn mixture in…molding it to the bowl.
- Top with more candy and sprinkles.
- Cool for about 30 mins…now, being in the South I had to throw it in the freezer even after the cool down process & it was still super sticky, haha. So, at this point I cut it up and made little popcorn balls.